Click on the chair name below to get involved
Social Media & Marketing
Chair: Tawn Niedy
The goal of this committee is to recruit and retain membership. Some things this committee will do include:
a. Introduce guests to membership at events
b. Follow up with guest on membership
c. Reach out to members who have not renewed their membership
d. Be the contact for prospective members (be able to direct someone on how to sign up via the NAWIC website, answer questions they may have about NAWIC)
e. Help members get connected with committees so they can feel involved
f. Member Spotlight each month (bio). Work with Social Media on posting
g. New Member Spotlight (bio & introduction). Work with Social Media on posting.
Time commitment: This committee should always try to have committee members available for NAWIC events. They will also need to ensure they post NAWIC meetings to social media in a timely manner.
Events & Professional Development
Chair: Jamie Cummings
The goal of this committee is to plan the following for NAWIC OKC
· Jobsite Tours
· Golf Tournament
· Anniversary Party
· Christmas Party
· WIC Week (planning session 11/8 2-3pm NAWIC Website)
Time commitment: This committee must meet in person or virtually as often as necessary to complete the planning for all the events.
This committee must work side by side with all other committees. Ideally these committees would meet in person or virtually several times to finalize the yearly calendar.
Chair: Nicole Wilson
This committee must work with all committees to ensure they have everything necessary to post about meetings and events to social media.
a. Take pictures at all events or designate someone. Upload all pics to google drive.
b. Responsible for posting on Social Media
c. Responsible for the NAWIC website
d. Responsible for monthly newsletter (website & email)
e. Work directly with Events and other committees and create marketing material for upcoming events, etc.
Community Outreach/Emerging Professionals
Chair: Jamie Cummings
The goal of this committee is to organize the following and work with Events & Social Media/ Marketing
· Block Kids – January Event
· Design Drafting – We have historically not been able to participate in Design Drafting – our goal would be to start participating in this competition as well.
· Scholarships - help create the name and criteria for the scholarships we are planning to give. Keep track of submission dates. They will discuss which schools are eligible, requirements for applicants, and contact the schools to let them know about the scholarship.
· Emerging Professionals – This “subcommittee” will help coordinate any activities involving students in a construction related field. This may include speaking to classes, helping organize attendance of NAWIC at career fairs and/or trade shows,etc.
· Organize volunteer events
Time commitment: This committee must meet virtually or in person to finalize the scholarship information to be presented to the Board of Directors for final approval. After that, they must meet as necessary for any outreach events.
The goal of this committee is to work with Membership and find candidates that are interested in serving on the Board of Directors next year.
Plan and organize voting